I never thought this project would end.
Do you ever feel like this when working on a project? I walked into my studio the other evening and this is what I encountered.
What a mess. This project was supposed to be quick wearable muslin to check fit and design of the Ninot jacket, but work and home life got in the way and it took way longer than I had hoped. Once I got past the bound buttonholes and welt pockets the jacket went together easily. The pattern is well drafted. I am pretty pleased with the fit. I took a small dart in the front just below the yoke seam it felt a bit big in upper chest area.
For a muslin I think I probably went overboard I bound the seams and added backer buttons to the closure buttons. Because the fabric was so heavy I used some black ultrasuede I found in my stash to make the bound buttonholes and welt pockets. I think this added a finished look to the project. This is a heavy cotton weave from Mood fabrics purchased a couple of years ago. Despite the fact that it raveled like crazy this fabric sewed up beautifully and was easy to press. I love the fact that it is doublesided and I turned the facing to the “wrong” side for a bit of contrast.
I am excited to wear this new muslin and begin work on the next iteration of this pattern.
But first I need to clean up my mess…